Life as Thank you 19
You have been my lifelong friend. Â There are not enough words to say how grateful I am for you. Â I am who I am today because God put you in my life! Â I decided this year to write an old-school thank you note each week to someone and tell them how much they mean to me.
I suppose I could give a laundry list of the things I am thankful for, but mostly I want to tell you that of all the people I have ever known, you are in the top 10 most influential people in my life. Â Most of my memories, both extraordinary and ordinary, include you. Â I always wanted to be like you; you are so talented, pretty, smart and kind. I have loved doing life with you, even though we have not lived near each other for most of it.
- Thank you for the laughter
- Thank you for the prayers
- Thank you for being my matron of honor
- Thank you for knowing the song of my heart and singing me the words when I forget.
- Thank you for knowing when I need to talk and for being a good listener, even hearing the things I don’t say.
- Thank you for creative projects, beginning with that frozen clay!
- Thank you for the secret codes and fun memories in church
- Thank you for teaching me about art and paint and calligraphy.
- Thank you for sharing my values, your family and our faith.
- Thank you for always telling me the truth. Always.
- Thank you for thinking of me as often as you do.
I love that you make time for me when you come visit and that we love so many of the same things! I am grateful you have forgiven me when we have fought (maybe only one time in 50 years) and when I pulled mean pranks (like buttermilk). I have never felt like an obligation or an inconvenience, even when I might have been. Â I truly feel believed in, treated with loyalty and honor, encouraged and put first.
I will always be loyal to you, no matter the cost. I will always believe in you, always expect the best of you and always stand my ground in defending you. I love you Julie. Â May you know the joy of the Lord all of your days as we continue to walk toward home!